zaterdag 11 juni 2011

CFC (free-clinic Chhatrapati)

Today I visited the clinic, where I had plans to educate and train the staff. My meeting with the executive director was positive, but as it goes the Nepali, the answer was : give us two days to think about it.
So nothing happens until Wednesday, typical for this culture.
So on this Sunday, with beautiful weather, I hire a swimming-pool for myself and me, and lay down with a book, and swim, read, swim, and rest.
Monsoon is coming soon, so I profit of the weather, while waiting for some answers.

Even the negotiations for shawls, and discuss prices, takes more than a week. Even stock-samples are overdue to price them accordingly. It takes days to do...I don't understand this. But this is Nepal, not Europe, so I take it as it comes. there is no other way....

Several days later, I send some email to the clinic, off course without any answers. So I went over there. I talked to the director again , and he said : well, you can't help us for the moment, but next time you come to Nepal, we can look in to it....?????? I said : what is the problem? I'm here now, and have time to help out. No , I had to wait until next time. I do not understand this. Later I heard from a Dutch friend of mine here,Rene, head of an NGO : they don't want help, they want only money, that's the way they are thinking.
They do not think in a long term, but is short term, which was a disappointment to me.

So I put dentistry out of my head, and go for the "fashion"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten